Thursday, October 29, 2015

Product Review: Primer, Foundation, Concealer

Revlon Color Stay Foundation, Loreal Magic Lumi Primer, E.L.F. HD Lifting Concealer


I've been in the mood lately to do a full face of make up whenever I go out, even when I'm not going out and just lounging around the house. Now if I could just manage to get out of bed early enough before work to do the same that would be awesome! Never going to happen!

These 3 products are new to my collection, well except the Revlon Color Stay. I've actually had this for months and hated it the first time I used it. I just couldn't get myself to throw it away because it was on the more expensive side of the drugstore foundations. But when I moved I thought I actually had thrown it away and went out and bought a new foundation because I was completely out. Two days ago I was rooting through a box we have yet to unpack and there it was, staring at me, so I decided to give it a second go and I actually really like it this time.

I did buy the wrong one though, so this might be the reason I didn't like it initially. It is for combination/oily skin types and I and definitely more of a dry skin type. I did not realize that there were two different types when I purchased this though.


I found this foundation to be a little thick, but I purchased the Lumi Primer and I've seen some YouTube Beauty Gurus mix it in with their foundations so I decided to give it a try, and its perfect! The coverage is nice and it doesn't seem to flake with my dry skin.


As far as the concealer goes, I liked it. The applicator didn't really seem to transfer much product, but I think it did a pretty good job covering my under eye area. It didn't seam to crease, which is good!I've never been able to master covering my dark circles, but I also don't use concealer as often as I could. Practice makes perfect!
Eyes: Where the light is Palette (Kathleen Lights & Color Pop)
Lips: e.l.f. matte lip color in Tea Rose




Have you tried these products? What are your opinions? Any other products that work best for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment