Thursday, June 18, 2015

Ipsy June Glambag


I got my second Glambag Saturday from ipsy.com! Ipsy is a monthly subscription service where they send you 4-5 full sized or sample sized beauty related products. It's only $10 a month! It can be anything ranging from skincare to hair products and of course make up! You take a quiz and they send out items based on your answers.  You can earn points towards items you can get for free like items from past Ipsy bags!

If your interested you can use my link to sign up and help me earn more points!



I've got to say I am a little disappointed in  June's Glambag.

I'll start with the bag itself. It's not that cute, just a plain black bag with Ipsy written all over it, which isn't even all that visible. 


Inside I got a body butter by Lavanila  Laboratories which is based out of NJ and is made in the USA! It's in the scent pure vanilla and I really do like this product. I've used it on my hands and elbows and it does not feel greasy and really seems to soak into my skin and hydrate it. My only complaint about this product is that the tube already seems as if it is empty and it is not easy to get the product out because of this. 


Next is a nail color by Formula X. It is a sample size and it is the cutest tiniest little bottle I've seen. It doesn't say which what the name of the color is but it is a hot pink shade. I can say that I am 95% sure that I will not be using this product. Soley because I pay to get my nails and toes done every other week. I could use this color on my toes, but I will probably just end up giving it to a friend. 


The product that I am most excited to give a try is the Smashbox photo finish foundation primer. I see this used a lot by the make up gurus I follow of YouTube. I have tried a few drugstore primers and I don't really see any difference in my skin when used. 

I am having a few issues with my skin lately and after I visit the dermatologist and get my skin evaluated I'll feel more comfortable giving this primer a try! Check back for a review, I'll keep you posted!

The last two products are an eye liner and an eye shadow crayon. 


First the OFRA Cosmetics Turquoise eyeliner. This is a very nice color when swatched on my hand, but doesn't seem as bright when on my eyes. It also smudges after some wear time. This color is a little to bold for me personally, and I am not a fan of pencils that are not mechanical. 

This is a VERY pretty color and it is very pigmented, however I do not know what to do with this Mini Eye shadow crayon by treStique. It is in the shade Kona Coffee, and this color is a little to dark for me. I usually don't mind dark colors, and browns are right up my alley, but this product does not blend very well at all. Once it is smudged it ruins the whole look and color of it. It has a very creamy consistency and has potential, I'll have to play with it a little more to see if I can use it in other ways.


Here is a swatch of the both the eye liner and eye shadow crayon.


Until next time! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment