Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Ridin'

I went dirt bike riding over the weekend! It was my first time ever and honestly I wasn't as nervous as I thought I would be. I used a quad instead of an actual bike because I'm afraid of the bikes. I had a lot of fun and I didn't really mess up at all, I'm so proud of myself.

Mikey on the Blue quad, Rob on the Bike.
Mikey doing donuts!

There were five of us that went and only two quads and one bike, so we had to take turns. Mikey and Matt went around a couple of times before it was my turn to try. I wanted Mikey to take me around on the back of the quad first so I know what it felt like to be on it moving, but we decided it might not have been a good idea since we couldn't fit both of our feet. I rode around in little circles first to get a feel for it and then Mikey took me around the trail for the first time.

That's me!

I did pretty well and after a couple of times around I got a little bolder and started standing while riding and going a little faster. I even decided to go through puddles and boy did I get wet and muddy! It eventually got sunnier out and it proved to be an awesome day. During our last run, I asked Mikey to teach me how to do donuts. I wasn't very good and just couldn't get it, when I did get the back end of the quad to slide out like you're supposed to, it freaked me out. I think I need more practice before I do anymore of those!
We are such a cute couple covered in mud!
 
My body was screaming the day after, I'm even still a little sore now! We'll be going again next weekend, at least this time it will only be Mikey, Matt and me, so there wont be any waiting to ride!

1 comment:

  1. That looks like so much fun. :) Glad you guys went! I'll be in New Jersey this weekend! It would be great to see you if you're not toooo busy ^_^ Miss you!

    ReplyDelete