Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Relaxing day off!

Today is my first day off during the week in a while that I don't really have anything to do. I am so relieved.
I wont up kind of late this morning, 9AM, and headed straight over to the dollar store to get some class containers. What for, you may ask? I've decided that I want to make my own candles! I found a bunch of fragrance oils that I liked as well and I was quite pleased. Afterwards, I headed over to A.C. Moore to get some basic candle making materials. I also bought three candles while I was there,  they were having a sale three 18oz jars for $10, I couldn't resist.
(Please excuse the blurry in the middle, I'm still figuring out my 50mm Lens)
From left to right: Fireside Warmth, Banana Nut Bread, Wildberry Blast.

Truffle wanted her picture taken too!
 
 
I decided I would use the one package of Ocean Breeze Scented Wax Melts that I found in the dollar store to make my first candle. They were already a nice baby blue color so I didn't even need to color the candle myself. Let me tell you, it smells fantastic. I used the whole package, 1.234oz, but that is okay because I like strong smelling candles.
I'm currently waiting for the candle to dry enough so I can do a second pour. The last time I made a candle from left over wax, it sunk in the middle and I didn't have any extra wax to fill it in. It was a disaster! I only have a little wax left this time, so I hope it doesn't turn out the same way, it is starting to sink a little.
Here's what it looks like at the moment:

It really isn't anything special, but I am excited because it is my first candle from scratch! I have yet to decide what I am going to do with the rest of my day. I might make one more candle and use one of the fragrance oils I picked out.

Actually, maybe I'll clean up my room a bit, it's getting kind of a mess!

No comments:

Post a Comment