Saturday, November 3, 2012

Hurricane Sandy

It's been a while since I've been able to post. I was quite busy two weeks ago with school and midterms, so I didn't have time to post.
Last weekend Hurricane Sandy hit NJ and basically destroyed have the state. About 85% of the state was without power, I lost power for just about six days. Thankfully I got gas before the storm because it's near impossible to get gas now unless you want to wait in line for three hours. Starting today they are rationing gas by even/odd plate numbers.
Mike's gas fireplace!
Trying to keep Louie warm, no power = no heat lamps!

Down the shore is a mess, everything is destroyed. Beaches and boardwalks are GONE, I heard over 90 miles of gas lines need to be replaced, boats and houses floated away, it's horrible. I am so fortunate that all I lost was power. My parents have a generator at home, but Mike's house has been completely dark until this morning, we need to clean out the fridge today, it's nauseating.
I've spent most of my week playing board games and reading A Storm of Swords, unfortunately I have to return to school next week. Which means I have to get all my homework done that I should have been doing whilst the power was out and I had plenty of time to get it done. That's me though, the procrastination princess. I'll get it done tomorrow. Today I'm spending the whole day playing the Sims 3 while Mike plays his new video game. Oh technology, how you have been missed.
Bananagrams with my parents!
Monopoly with Mike and his brother, by flash light.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you and your family and Mikey are all okay. The footage I've seen of New Jersey and hearing about the gas rationing is absolutely breaking my heart. Love you Cait!

    ReplyDelete