Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Honey Dijon Garlic Chicken

I try to step out of the normal quick easy dinners I also make, Tacos, Meatloaf, Spaghetti. Most of the time when I try new recipes they are hit or miss. Some times I like it, and the hubby hates it. Others he loves it and I couldn't care for it. This was a quick easy recipe that's good in both our books!

I adapted the original recipe from Rasa Malaysia I only changed the amount of garlic I used, and didn't exactly measure the amount of honey.
You can really use any type of chicken you want here, but I had some tenderloins in the freezer so that's what I used. The honey Dijon garlic sauce would taste really great on a nice pork chop as well!

I served this with a box of Pasta Roni, which I totally forgot I needed to make until after the chicken was cooked! Whoops!


Honey Dijon Garlic Chicken

Ingredients:

1 lb chicken
Salt & Pepper
2 teaspoons olive oil
6 cloves garlic, minced
3 tablespoons honey
3 teaspoons Dijon Mustard
1/4 cup water
Pinch of salt

Directions:

Heat up a large skillet on medium heat and add 1 teaspoon of olive oil. Mean while sprinkle chicken liberally with salt and pepper on both sides. 
Fry up the chicken until cooked on both sides and remove from skillet.
Add the remaining olive oil to the pan and stir-fry the garlic until slightly browned. Add the honey, Dijon Mustard, water and salt. Stir to make sure all is combined. Let sauce reduce just a little. Add the chicken back to the skillet and stir to make sure the chicken is all coated and reheated if necessary.
Remove from heat and serve. Making sure to spoon all the extra garlic pieces and sauce onto the chicken!
(Read more at www.rasamalaysia.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment